The website Farewell to the Indies is an initiative of the Nationaal Archief and was made possible by a financial contribution of the Het Gebaar Foundation.
The realisation of this website has been made possible by the participation of the following archives:
- National Archives and Records Administration (College Park Maryland, United States)
- MacArthur Memorial (Norfolk Virginia, United States)
- National Archives (Kew, United Kingdom)
- National Archives of Australia (Canberra, Australia)
- Australian War Memorial (Canberra, Australia)
- Riksarkivet (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Archive du Comité international de la Croix Rouge (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Research archive F. Gouda
- Research archive M.C. van Delden
- Nationaal Archief (The Hague, The Netherlands)
- Pensioen- en Uitkeringsraad (Leiden, The Netherlands)
The Nationaal Archief is very grateful to the Royal Australian Navy, the Royal Australian Air Force, the Australian Army and the Swedish Utrikesdepartementet (Department of State) for their consent to use their archives on this website.